Saturday, February 25, 2012

How can I find a good job in Columbia SC when I live in Cleveland Ohio?

I currently live in the Cleveland area (since 1983), I want to move back home to Columbia SC, but I am too scared to make this move without first having a job in place. I've been looking over the internet for 3 months now. Is there a better way?How can I find a good job in Columbia SC when I live in Cleveland Ohio?
I used Yahoo Yellow Pages and I looked for temp agencies when I moved from the east coast to the midwest. I was able to have a job set up for the first week I got here. I always have great luck with temp agencies. A lot of temp places will even have jobs that hire you on for regular full time work after the "temp" period has passed. Good luck in your job search! :)
Both people gave me great advise. I am truly thankful to both of them.



Benie in Ohio :-)

Report Abuse

How can I find a good job in Columbia SC when I live in Cleveland Ohio?
find via internet... local news papers for the area you are thinking about moving to.. this will not only help you with finding a job it will also give you access to rentals and or homes

Report Abuse


That guy knew what he was talking about with the Yellow Pages, but I would take it one step further, whatever field you're in now, get listings for that field, and make phone calls, do it the old fashioned way, even send resumes out via pony express and e-mail. You might be surprised at the responses you get. Having lived in Columbia myself, and yet not knowing what field you're in, you're doing a smart thing, as my family moved AWAY to find better jobs........something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment