Wednesday, February 29, 2012

How much would it cost to rebuild and have my 351 cleveland put in my 68 mustang coupe?

I have a 351 cleveland that i want to have rebuilt and put into my 68 mustang coupe. The mustang originally had a straight six in it that i took out. Any suggestions of where to have this done for good quality and a reasonable price.How much would it cost to rebuild and have my 351 cleveland put in my 68 mustang coupe?
It's going to depend on how far you want to go with it...and how much of a rebuild you need ie.how many parts you replace... There are some decent rebuild kits on the internet going for about $500.



Factor in some machining and labor costs ie. valve job... and with the basic kit I'd say $2k-$4k.

The more you can do yourself, the cheaper it is...but it's a big task, and if you're not a top mechanic, it could be more expensive trying to do it yourself...



For $2k-$4k that's good...but in the $5k-$15k range that's even better!!!!



There's lots of muscle car forums on the net and sites where people discuss in detail their 351 Cleveland projects. A lot depends of course on how much has got to be done. Check the net but calling around locally and talking to top mechanics will give you an idea about who is doing what and what costs are in your local area...How much would it cost to rebuild and have my 351 cleveland put in my 68 mustang coupe?
$4,000.00 By that guy over by there where you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment