Saturday, February 25, 2012

Is the Cleveland cg15 wedge really better than the older versions?

I am looking to buy a Cleveland cg wedge but I am very budget minded. I don't want to spend the extra money if the cg15 isn't that much better than the older versions but I'm willing to spend the extra money if it'll improve my game. I was wondering what the differences between the cg10, cg11, cg12, cg14, and cg15 are and which one you would recommend for a budget minded buyer like me.Is the Cleveland cg15 wedge really better than the older versions?
No- there's a limit to the amount of face roughness a wedge can have. The USGA deems any club with face roughness that has any effect of a ball's characteristics (like spin) illegal.



This is not to say Cleveland makes a bad wedge- they're #1 for a reason. However, there's really no difference in any of each clubs ability to spin a ball- the grooves have been maxed out for a while (that's the thing with club manufacturing. Once a limit is set- like head size, MOI, groove depth, etc., EVERYONE takes their clubs to the limit as fast as possible. It adds to its marketability to say it's "at the legal limit for X characteristic"). The only true difference between these wedges is the cavity backs in the CG11 and 14. These clubs offer a dimension of forgiveness, with a slight loss of workability as the trade off.



Buy any of these five, whichever you choose, with confidence.
I would highly reccommend to you the cg12 or cg14. As a budget minded golfer, these are quite cheaper than the new cg15 and offer great performance. I have tried all three wedges out and I couldn't really notice a difference between the three, they had the same spin and everything. I went with the cheapest one which was the cg12. Good luck and if you have any questions feel free to message me.Is the Cleveland cg15 wedge really better than the older versions?
I recommened Cleveland CG15 black pearl wedge and Cleveland CG15 Satin Chrome wedge.

No comments:

Post a Comment