Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What is the average electicity, water,and gas bill in Cleveland, Ohio?

I am relocating to Cleveland and I need to calculate living costs. Anyone?What is the average electicity, water,and gas bill in Cleveland, Ohio?
Well I live in Cleveland westside 3 bedroom house 3 floors. basement main and upper

electric bill summer-110.00 with central air and a window unit to get rid of extra humidity

electric bill winter- 40.00 apx

gas bill summer-30 - 40.00

gas winter-$1100.00 without a kerosene heater/ with heater its about 350.00 I also use a small eletric heater upstairs to take the chill off the bedroom at night.

gas is over 13.00 a cubic foot here in the winter

you really have to be carefull with the gas company here they will screw you any chance they get. AND if they cant get in to read the meter they will threaten to shut your gas off.

water is about 50-60 for 3 months
I am 45 miles east of Cleveland so I'm not sure if this will help, but my water is around $60 and is paid every 3 months, electric varies from $70 to $130, with gas I am on a budget and pay $160 a month regardless of the weather. These #'s are for the months of June/July and for a 1500 sq. ft. home. Hope this helps!What is the average electicity, water,and gas bill in Cleveland, Ohio?
I live in a 2 bedroom apartment. My water is included but, my electric bill is about 50-75 per month and my gas is on a budget 80 per month.
I live 25 miles west of Cleveland - more importantly, in the next county (Lorain) (it is cheaper). Electric is about 80, water is 12, and gas is 13 in the summer - I heat with wood and do not know about during the winter using heat.



Plus - Cuyahoga County has a one-half percent piggyback tax that Lorain does not. Everything from soap to cars is just cheaper out there. Plus, we do not have the Illuminating Company for electric. We have Ohio Edison - once again, cheaper.



p.s. I live in a three bedroom house with a jacuzzi, two refrigerators and a chest freezer, plus a fish acquarium that runs four pumps, there are two subpumps in the basement that run all the time, not to mention that I just don't conserve as well as I could be.
I live in Cincinnati, and am assuming that the cost of living is about the same. I live in a 1 bedroom and my G%26amp;E bill has been around $170 this summer with the AC on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment