Saturday, March 10, 2012

How fast does a cleveland flowering pear tree grow per year?

how fast does a cleveland flowering pear tree grow per year i live on long island N.Y. i am going to plant 2 cleveland flowering pear trees over the weekend does it matter if i plant it close to the hounse or will i have a problem with the root years down the road ,, any tips and advice is greatly appreciatedHow fast does a cleveland flowering pear tree grow per year?
I hope it is not too late to answer your question as we are already into the weekend. :) The Cleveland Flowering Pear grows to a mature height of 30' and it's spread is up to 20'.

It's considered a "rapid" grower, as is the Bradford Pear, which I have. I don't know how rapid is "rapid," but I can tell you that I started with a TWIG in January of last year, and it grew 5 1/2' in ONE YEAR. I could NOT believe it! Now, I moved recently, and I dug that puppy up to take with me (it has sentimental value) and I pruned it back to two-thirds it's height while it was still dormant. It is now leafing out beautifully and I hope that your experience with your trees is equally as positive and satisfying! My only caution is to give them PLENTY of space.



Happy Gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment