Sunday, March 4, 2012

How shall i prepare myself for Cleveland Public High School?

I've grown up in private school, now i am going to be attending to a Cleveland public high school. With horrendous ratings. My family has hit a financial roadblock. And i want to graduate, but my Grandpa is telling me to do online school until i'm legally allowed to drop out and get my GED. How will i deal with the transition, and also what should i do over the summer to prepare myself? Has this ever happened to anyone else? Are Cleveland schools really that bad. I just want to get good grades, with no distractions.How shall i prepare myself for Cleveland Public High School?
I have attested many Cleveland, Ohio schools and trust me, they are not pretty. Not to sound mean or rasict because I am not.. there is not one single white person in that school and they bully you because you are known as "that white girl" that has happened to me, I always got blamed for stuff I didn't do, the teachers wouldn't let me use the bathroom ever. They were so mean and so rude I couldn't take it anymore so now I am officially going to Parma High School near Cleveland. Don't drop out or take online schooling. GED's are extremely hard to do, it would look very bad when you want to attend a good college or University. It will all be worth it in the end, you do not have to go to a Cleveland school if you don't want too. You could go to Parma High School, Normandy High School, Holy Name, or Brooklyn High School. Parma High School and Brooklyn high school is literally 10 minutes away from Cleveland so it would just be like driving to a Cleveland school. If you do go to a Cleveland school be prepared for a bunch of bullying. There isn't really a way to prepare yourself for Cleveland schools just be prepared for bullying, teasing and meanness. You will be okay I'm sure they will not hurt you or push you but it will be slightly awkward at first. But seriously, don't drop out do online schooling or home schooling. I did online schooling and it messed me up SO bad that I have to retake my senior year all over again. So its better if you go to a public school. If you drop out you will miss out on a bunch of opportunities and you will regret it when you are older. If it is really that bad then talk to your parents about it and have them take you to Parma High School or Brooklyn High School either or is SO much better than Cleveland I can't stand Cleveland school. A public high school is pretty much just like any other school there are all types of kids you will make tons of friends. I'm pretty sure you won't be the only white person in that high school there might be a few others but there will be more blacks. But imagine how the blacks feel when they are the only blacks in an all white school. Some are mean and some are nice, but that is apart of life. There will always be that one person that won't like you for some weird reason. Just don't give them dirty looks or stare at them or anything just be friendly and they will be friendly back. I haven't gone to a Cleveland school since I was like 7 years old. It could be different now. You will never know unless you try.. it can't be that bad. I am going to a new school next year so I will be feeling the same thing you will. Going to a new school is like going to high school on your freshman year.. you don't know what to expect from anything. All you have to do is just take the chances. You won't know this people forever and before you know it it will be the last day of your senior year, I'm pretty sure on the first day you will make friends.How shall i prepare myself for Cleveland Public High School?
I've never attended a public school in Cleveland but I assure you that public school isn't as bad as it seems. I attended to schools that had extremely low test scores and horrible reputations, as well as schools that could be considered some of the best in the state. Having said that, I had wonderful experiences in each of the schools I attended, test scores and ratings aside.



My family moves a lot, so I've gone to a lot of schools and one thing I've noticed was that the schools that tended to have really bad reputations usually had some of the best teachers I've ever had. The low ratings and reputations can usually be blamed on the students and the neighborhood and not necessarily the teachers. Of course, when I say 'students', I don't actually mean every single student in the school.



As long as you don't follow the wrong crowds, you'll be fine. Also, DON'T drop out of high school, lol. It's a much better choice to just go to a public school and get your high school diploma. Really. A lot of people have gone to public school, Cleveland or anywhere else in the US, and they've become really successful later on. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment